Farmers’ Market Monday: The End of the Season

This will be our last walk through the Beaverton Farmers’ Market until it opens again next year on Mother’s Day weekend. It’s been a good season despite a cool spring and I think all vendors and shoppers would agree that this year’s produce has been exceptional.  But days are getting shorter and the rainy season will start soon so its time to wrap up shop.  Let’s take one last look at what this amazing market has to offer.

Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Brussel Sprouts

Honey and Bees Wax Candles

Potatoes, Eggplant, Beans, Carrots, Squash

Halloween Painted Gourds (sorry about the blurry photo)

Giant Heads of Cauliflower ($2.00!)

Cabbage anyone!

Carved Gourd Bird Houses

Squash

Chestnuts Roasting by the Open Fire

Zinnias

Brussel Sprouts

Let’s have Crab Cakes for Our Farewell Lunch

Have a wonderful winter

See You Next Year!

Comments

No wonder you love your market; it is fantastic. Love the displays you shot. We have already started our rainy season 5 days ago.; kind of sad…

I love the Potatoes, Eggplant, Beans, Carrots, Squash photo and that last one is stunning with the trees in full fall colors. Our farmers market is starting up again, after the summer heat…we are lucky it goes year round. We never get a chance to see stunning fall colors like that!
    Lyndsey recently posted..Spinach Artichoke SpreadMy Profile

Our local farmer’s market ends the last Saturday in September–much too early! It is so much of my early Saturday routine that I find myself wondering what to do–and where to find my fresh fruit and vegetable fix!

Delicious photos!!

Bonnie recently posted..HomecomingMy Profile

Thanks for taking us along..I am sorry it’s ending..
    There is such abundance at this time of year~Glorious colors..

C’est la vie..I know..
    Thank you for all the Farmer’s market photos ..
    Monique recently posted..Soul Food #111~My Profile

Oh yes, crab cakes would be lovely!! I’ve so enjoyed your market posts. We read about the Portland food scene often up here and I am truly envious. I’d thought to visit this summer but it wasn’t to be, but perhaps by next summer travel will be in the cards again and we’ll head down that way to stroll the markets and sample the delights.

Cathy, I am really going to miss these Monday morning visits at the farmers’ market. They sell the most incredible stuff. Summer seemed to have flown by (even with the crazy happenings weatherwise) and Halloween is almost here! xo
    Barbara F. recently posted..Happy Sweetest DayMy Profile

Oh, my. The cauliflower looks like white, fluffy clouds… so perfect. I love that the Brussel Sprouts are iced… and the gorgeous vegetables… and when I looked at the pic of the beeswax candles, I could actually *smell* them! Beautiful pictures and such a nice market, but I bet you’re happy for the 6 month break!
    Karen recently posted..Bacon Hash and Broiled EggsMy Profile

8. Happier Than A Pig in Mud says

Everything looks so good Cathy! Seems like this whole year is just flying by. I’m sure you’re sad to see the market close, but it sounds like you had a fun year:@)

So, does this mean that you get a little more time to yourself? I’m always sad when my favorite farm stand closes for the year. Fortunately, our Farmer’s Markets stay open year-round.

Cathy, beautiful! celebration of colors of vegetables and photos. This is kind of a sad time with the garden/s winding down. I’m about to pick the last of the eggplant and tomatoes today with nighttime temperatures in the low 40’s. The good thing is that we begin picking some kale, lettuce and spinach. Have a great one, Cathy.
    Diana recently posted..Hoop House Redo and MolesMy Profile

Just look at those browning leaves. Aren’t they gorgeous! Oh wow, there’s purple bell pepper available there as well. Cool! Thanks so much for sharing such beautiful pictures. Love them.
    Kristy