I love to receive packages in the mail, especially this time of years when delivery trucks are up and down the streets all day long. When I hear one stop in front of my house I’m at the front window in a flash looking for that big brown truck. I was delighted a few days ago when I received this gift from Hillary Danner and Maria Newman, creators of JENKIN’S JELLIES
HELL FIRE PEPPER JELLY. They also sent me their cookbook, SWEET HEAT, so I could try a few of their favorite recipes that feature their famous pepper jelly.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch ground pepper
- ½ cup cold butter, cut up
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Hell Fire Pepper Jelly (adjust to taste)
- Pulse all ingredients in food processor until mixture resembles peas. Gather dough into a ball and divide in half. Shape each half into a 10" log. Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease 2 cookie sheets or line with parchment.
- Slice each log into ¼-inch slices and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Pepper jelly over cream cheese, served with crackers is, a favorite on our holiday buffet table. I selected SWEET HEAT’S recipe for cheese wafers because they sounded like the perfect cracker to serve with the jelly and cream cheese and they had plenty of flavor to serve on their own. You really taste the complex flavors of the pepper jelly in this cracker and you can add more or less to suit your own taste. There are lots of tempting recipes in SWEET HEAT like Peanut Butter & Hell Fire Cookies, Tilapia with Panko Crust and Spirited Saffron Sauce and Cole Slaw for the Soul.
Hillary and Maria have generously provided a gift set of their HELL FIRE PEPPER JELLY AND and SWEET HEAT COOKBOOK for a giveaway and all you have to do to enter is visit and “like” JENKIN’S JELLIES on Facebook and leave a comment on this post. So easy.
Thanks, ladies, for this opportunity to try your delicious pepper jelly. I can understand why it has so many rave reviews.
“This is my new condiment of choice…One Warning…it is highly addictive” – Mario Batali, Chef, Restaurateur.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.