Favorite Recipes of 2012

Banana Layer CakeI always look forward to the roundups of favorite recipes that many bloggers post at the beginning of a new year.  This morning I already have found a list of recipes I want to try that will take me well into Spring. Here is my list of favorite and most popular recipes of 2012, starting with the most visited One Bowl Banana Layer Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!
I hope 2013 will be a healthy, happy and prosperous year for us all.

Gratineed Pineapple

Croque Madame

Homemade Brioche and Croque Madame

Chewy Chocolate Meringue Cookies
C
hewy Chocolate Meringue Cookies

Spicy Green Beans with Pork

Chinese Spicy Green Beans with Minced Pork

Reuben Pretzel Rolls

Reuben Pretzel Pockets

Zuppa Toscana

Zuppa Toscana

Glazed Apple Pie Bars

Glazed Apple Pie Bars

This post is linked to FOODIE FRIDAY at Rattlebridge Farm.
Thank you Michael Lee for being the absolute hostess with the mostess.

Comments

You put so much into your blog~From the photos..to the recipes.. layout..Pin:) I tried that never figured it out..
    you are very “with it” tecnologically too!
    Thank you..

Best for 2013~
    Monique recently posted..2013~My Profile

What a wonderful post full of great recipes; your photos are wow and so is your blog! Wishing you and your family all the best; healthy and happy 2013!
    Hope this works out!

3. Aimee says

Well you did it to me again Cathy…I finished eating not that long ago and now your photos of yummy treats have me hungry again:)
    Wishing you a very happy New Year!
    Blessings, Aimee

I hope that 2013 is rich in experiences, filled with love and happiness and of course great food Cathy. Have a safe and happy New Year. Keep smiling it is contagious.

5. Happier Than A Pig in Mud says

Everything sounds yummy Cathy, looks like I’ll be making a banana cake soon! Happy New Year, wishing you all the best in 2013-enjoy:@)

Cathy, I think I have drooled over each one of these delicious creations as they arrived in my inbox & have even made a few! You know, I try more of YOUR recipes than any others on the net.
    I know this must have been a difficult holiday with the loss of your Mom not so long ago. You’ve been in my thoughts a great deal. I hope that 2013 brings you good health & much happiness & many, many vacation trips, too! (being selfish here, as I love to see & hear about your travels)

A Blessed & Healthy New Year,
    fondly,
    Rett
    Rettabug recently posted..Happy New Year!!!My Profile

• says

Hi Rett – It’s wonderful to hear from you. What a fantastic way to start the New Year. I think of you often, my friend, and hope you and your family are healthy and happy. It has been a very tough holiday season and I have to admit I’m happy to see 2012 over. I have lots of travel plans for 2013 and look forward to sharing them. Happy New Year to you as well.
      Cathy recently posted..Favorite Recipes of 2012My Profile

AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!! And just after I’d resolved to eat less … Happy New Year!!

PS Everyone LOVED the mini-Golden Fruitcakes I gave them for Xmas from your recipe (although some of the ingredients were substituted for the local version they still turned out brilliantly) – so they’re already on the list for next Xma!
    Red Nomad OZ recently posted..12 Killer Australian Sunsets of 2012!My Profile

• says

Hi OZ – Thanks so much for coming by to visit. And I’m very happy that you and your friends enjoyed the fruitcake recipe. Even people who usually hate fruitcake seem to like that one. I hope 2013 will be a healthy, happy new year for you that is full of travel. One of these days I hope to make it to Australia.
      Cathy recently posted..Favorite Recipes of 2012My Profile

Those all look so good, can see why they were favorites.

Sorry to be MIA. Was sick, then family. Don’t computer from home.

Happy Late New Year.

9. Deb Fant says

Those Chocolate Meringue cookies with the chopped dried cherries have become my new favorite cookie – ever! Not only are they delicious, but they’re super easy to make. Thanks for the great recipes, Cathy!

You had some amazing recipes to share this year. Your blog reflects your passion for cooking. I have really enjoyed these last couple of years, visiting and getting to know you. Looking forward to 2013.

Happy New Year Cathy.

Velva
    Velva recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

• says

Hi Karen –
      I do indeed have a trip coming up this year. My daughter and I are going to France for almost a month. I hope to learn a lot and have some great adventures and look forward to blogging about it. Hzppy New Year!
      Cathy recently posted..Favorite Recipes of 2012My Profile