April in Paris

K7A1CC4DB1AC42_1000040

My bags are packed and I’m ready to board the plane to France.  We have been planning our trip for so long that it is hard to believe departure day is almost here.  We have so many wonderful things planned and I can’t wait to share pictures and stories with you when I return home.  Our apartment in Paris has a kitchen  so we will be able to shop in street markets and  prepare some of our meals with wonderful local ingredients.  I will be posting photographs daily on my Wives with Knives Facebook page,https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wives-with-Knives/109429219100791?fref=ts  so if you would like to follow along on our adventure you can find us there.  In the meantime here are a few of my favorite Spring time recipes.

Eaton Mess

Nigella’s Eaton Mess

Strawberry Mango Crepe closeup 3

Strawberry Mango Crepes

IMG_4142

Rhubarb Pudding Cakes

Rhubarb Almond Tart

Rhubarb Almond Tart

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus  in Crispy Phyllo

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus in Crispy Phyllo

Croque Madame cut

Croque Madame

Potato, walla walla onion and gruyere cheese galette

Potato, Walla Walla Onion and Gruyere Galette

Cauliflower Salad

Cauliflower Salad

Chicken Pita Bread Sandwich

Greek Chicken Salad Sandwich on Grilled Pita Bread

I’ll be back Mother’s Day Weekend.  In the meantime…

BON APPETIT!

This post is linked to FOODIE FRIDAY at Rattlebridge Farm

Comments

What a wonderful way to enjoy spring!
    I’m not on facebook, so I’ll wish you all the best right now, and look forward to seeing lots of blog posts on your holiday when you return. Bon Voyage!

2. Kris says

Have a fabulous time Cathy! I know you will. Who are you going with? Your daughter?
    I will be watching for your fb posts!!!!
    Travel safe!!
    xo Kris

• Cathy says

Hi Kris – Yes, my daughter and I are going to take an 8-day river cruise, then go on to Paris for several weeks. My son will join us there. This is a very special trip for me and I am SO excited about it.
      Cathy recently posted..April in ParisMy Profile

• Cathy says

We have some special things planned on this trip. One that I am looking forward to is a guided tour of Paris flea markets. My friend has a tour company in Paris and she is taking us out for the day. Who knows what treasures we will find.
      Cathy recently posted..April in ParisMy Profile

3. Kate says

Have a wonderful trip, Cathy! Spring in Paris will be beautiful. If you have never been to the Musee de Cluny to see the tapestries you must take take an afternoon to walk through. I loved it…it wasn’t crowded and I could actually sit in front of the tapestry and admire/study it! Enjoy your tip.
    Kate recently posted..Peanut Butter BlossomsMy Profile

• Cathy says

Thanks for the suggestion, Kate. No, we haven’t been to this museum and I have added it to our list of things we must see. It will be nice to have time to leisurely take in the sights.
      Cathy recently posted..April in ParisMy Profile

4. The Café Sucre Farine says

Cathy, I’m way more than excited for you! I wish I could be a little mouse in your suitcase but looks like I’ll have to settle for following your adventures on FB. Have a WONDERFUL time, say hello to E Dehillerin for me! :)

5. Jamie says

Here I am sitting in my mom’s house in Florida and I am actually jealous you are going to France! Enjoy your trip – I know you will! I cannot wait to hear about your adventures and see the photos!

6. Aimee says

Is it already THAT time? :)
    SO EXCITED for you Cathy…hoping your time in Paris will be incredible (can’t believe you’ll have an apartment and all–wow)!
    Blessings,
    Aimee

7. Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen says

I will be following along with great anticipation of your fabulous trip. How great that you will have a kitchen. We had one when we were in Provence and it is such fun to go the market with the locals and have a real kitchen to come home to rather than trying to wing it in a hotel room.

Have a great time and we’ll be with you all the way.
    Sam
    Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen recently posted..Steak Salad with Spinach, Blueberries, & Toasted Pecans plus a Review of Wine Glasses from Wine EnthusiastMy Profile

8. Foodiewife says

I m so excited for you, Cathy. You’ve had a lot going on this last year, and so I’m glad you can visit a place that you so dearly love. One day, my dream will come true to visit this place. I’ll be following you on Facebook and– hopefully– on Instagram!
    Foodiewife recently posted..Mexican Chocolate FlanMy Profile

9. Rattlebridge Farm -- Foodie Friday says

Cathy, I featured your post on FB and signed up for your page. I’m looking forward to your daily photos and stories. When you return, I will have some fun appliance news to share with you, my dear. Have a wonderful time!